Lesbury Village Hall

A little gem at the heart of the community


LESBURY VILLAGE HALL


  Minutes – LVH Management Meeting – at 7pm Tuesday 16 April 2024

1.   Welcome

The chair welcomed everyone to the meeting

2.   In Attendance

A August, J Beck, J McMahon, G Wright,  J Humphrys,  T Stroud, K McKenna, N Richardson, P Davidson, M Davies

Apologies

I Fordham

3.    Minutes of the last meeting

  Minutes of meetings on 19 March 2024 were approved and signed.

4.    Matters Arising –

5.    Declarations of interest – JH item 8

6.    Action Log

Date

Action

Person responsible

Progress 16 April  2024

 

 

New Actions from 21 March 2023

21.3.23

Contact Northern Powergrid re increase in electrical phase

IF/KM

IF/KM Checking to see if proposed supply is enough. Work continuing.

 

 

New Actions from 17 October  2023

17.10.23

IF to ask Julia R if there is funding available from The Percy Trust, for stonework repairs.

IF

Return to this once we have a clear picture of what we intend to do.

 

 

 

New Actions from 21 November  2023

21.11.23

Lead discussion on power supply/ energy

IF

Update given; work continues.

 

 

New Actions from 16 January  2024

16.1.24

Survey to assess implication of new power supply.

Continue discussions re use of grant from Northern Power

IF, KM, RS

 

 

 

IF

Update given.

Written permission for use of grant for LVH within the co-operative.

Completed

16.1.24

Seek grant funding for hall repointing

JH

One grant submitted to Tarmac. Second to be submitted to Suez early May

 

 

New Actions from 20 February  2024

20.2.24

Organise hedgehogs & gutter work

KM

Last part of work will be completed when materials arrive

Completed

 

New Actions from 19 March  2024

19.3.24

N Accountants to be asked to prepare and do independent examination of accounts

IF

Almost complete; Chair’s report to be included.

 

19.3.24

Ninette E  to be asked to prepare Heritage Statement

JH

 

Completed

19.3.24

Order 10 new chairs

KM

Chair leg stops to be checked before use.

Completed

19.3.24

Contact user groups re inventory and new policy

MD

 

 

19.3.24

Contact toddler group leader re storage/ safety. Further discussion

MD

Toys in designated area; retain only those mats needed; repair base if keeping the blocks.

 

19.3.24

Complete and display new signs around the hall

KM

Mostly finished; awaiting more board for signs

 

 

New Actions from 16 April  2024

16.4.2024

Finalise volunteer policy

JH

 

 

16.4.2024

Bring EICR from Outdoor Bowls when available

JB

 

 

 

 

 

7.    Treasurer’s report

The report shows an operational surplus of £1228 in the year to date. The full report was circulated and Trustees had no questions.

8.   Power supply & energy update

Waiting for final report from Pickards, the only company that submitted a bid for the survey work. Questions raised by KM have yet to be answered and included in the final report. Northern Power have given permission for funds from grant not used in the electrical survey to be transferred to Northumberland Community Energy Ltd, if the committee agrees to do so.  There is a likely saving of around £600 from being part of the contract for electricity negotiated by this community benefit society.

9.   Repairs & Maintenance- Supper Room

Concerns about mold in the supper room caused by ingress of water from the apex and the potential damage to roof beams.  If grants are not given, we will need to tackle this work as quickly as we can afford to do so to minimise risk.

10.  Development Plan

No further work this financial year.

11.  Volunteer policy amended

Policy agreed, subject to GDPR replacing Data Protection Act ( 2018)

Action: JH to update

12.  AOB

JB confirmed willingness to take on the kitchen inventory in the annual February review of the hall.

Committee members confirmed they were all willing to be committee members for a further year.

The outdoor bowls club have agreed to provide a copy of their five-year electrical report once the work had been carried out.

Action: JB to bring the report when available.

The Coach offered to provide intervals drinks for Highlights and similar events providing attended pre-ordered and collected their drinks themselves.

Action: NR to post this on the website

The Meeting ended at 7.30pm

 

Dates of next meeting: Tuesday 16th April 2024

 All meetings start at 7pm

Tuesday 21st May 2024 ( AGM)

Tuesday 18th June 2024

Tuesday 16th July 2024

Tuesday  20th August 2024 (if need)

Tuesday 17th September 2024

Tuesday  15th October 2024

Tuesday 19th November 2024

Tuesday 17th December ( if need)

These minutes represent a true and accurate record

 

Signed………………………………………………………

 

Chairman

Date………………………………………………………….